This is a voluntary service that offers support for patients that require the following services:
- Check in and chat Support: Self isolated individual requires short-term telephone support to provide companionship.
- Check in and chat Plus Support: Regular telephone befriending (3 x per week over 10 week period)
- Community Support: Self isolated individual requires assistance such as shopping and/or medication collection/delivery.
- Community Support Plus: Same as Community support but for patients who have cognitive impairments or significant vulnerabilities.
- Patient Transport Support: NHS site requires support transporting patients who are medically fit for discharge, and ensuring that they are settled safely back in to their home or transport to and from an NHS appointment.
The programme is open to anyone who needs to self-isolate for any reason. This includes anyone who:
- Has been advised to shield by a health professional;
- Is vulnerable for another reason (for instance disability, pregnancy, over 70, have Parkinson’s, epilepsy, or are vulnerable due to a mental health condition, etc.);
- Is self-isolating because they have confirmed Covid-19 or suspected symptoms; or they have been in contact with someone who has.
- Is self-isolating as a requirement of official advice or legislation (such as before surgery, or following entry into the country).
- Is someone with caring responsibilities, if this support helps them to continue in their caring role.
- The programme is also open to frontline health and care staff.
The patient can self refer, if they meet the above criteria, by calling 0808 196 3646.
If the patient requires transport, please contact the surgery by completing the Contact the Practice form and request a referral, as this needs to be done by a member of our staff.