Following on from the Prime Minister’s update on “Living with Coronavirus” earlier in the week, we have now received confirmation from NHS England that current Infection Prevention and Control measures will remain in healthcare settings until further notice.
For clarity this means:
- Masks/ Face coverings will continue to be required for our patients and staff within the surgery building (unless medically exempt)
- Our Staff will continue to have to perform regular Lateral Flow Testing to protect our patients and colleagues.
- Patients are welcome to wait for their appointment in our waiting room though if they feel more comfortable are free to remain in their own vehicle.
- Patients with suspected/proven Coronavirus requiring face to face assessment for treatment such as Antiviral Medications may continue to be directed to the dedicated “Red Hub” facility in Derby for onward management.
- Our Staff will not be able to work on the surgery site if they test positive for Covid until they have had 2 negative lateral flow tests from day 5 onwards. (This can be particularly disruptive and we continue to thank our patients for their understanding when appointments have to be cancelled/rescheduled unavoidably at short notice.)
- We hope these continued measures provide reassurance to our patients, particularly those in clinically vulnerable groups.
For any patients that are interested, the guidance we work from is in the public domain and can be found at the link below: