This section provides answers to questions we frequently get asked:
1. How do I register with the surgery?
We are currently taking on new patients and welcome anyone living in, or moving to, the practice area.
2. Do I live in your practice area?
To find out if you live within our practice area, and therefore can register with us, take a look at our catchment area using this link: https://www.primarycare.nhs.uk/publicfn/catchment.aspx?oc=Y01812&h=400&w=600&if=0
3. How do I make an appointment?
The procedure for making an appointment is given on our appointments page: http://www.heartwoodmedicalpractice.co.uk/making-appointments.aspx?t
4. How do I cancel an appointment?
It is important that you let us know you cannot attend an appointment.You can cancel your appointment online or by telephoning our cancellations line on 01283 818124.
5. How do I obtain medical advice and the surgery is closed?
Information on what to do when the surgery is closed can be found here: http://www.heartwoodmedicalpractice.co.uk/opening-times.aspx?t
6. How do I request a home visit?
Information on home visits can be found here: http://www.heartwoodmedicalpractice.co.uk/making-appointments.aspx?t
7. How do I check in for my appointment on arrival at the surgery?
To reduce queues at the reception desk we have installed a touch screen check in system.Simply choose a few simple options to mark yourself as arrived for your appointment.If you are unsure what to do please ask a member of staff who will be willing to help you.Alternatively you can book in at reception.
8. How do I order repeat prescriptions?
There are many options for ordering your repeat medication.Please see here for information: http://www.heartwoodmedicalpractice.co.uk/prescriptions1.aspx?t
9. I am a carer, do you need to know?
It is important we know if you are a carer for somebody, either in your work or at home.
10. How do I change my address and/or telephone number?
It is most important that we have the most up to date contact details for you so if you change your phone number or address please let us know immediately.You can update your details by filling a form in at reception.
11. How do I get advice or help on stopping smoking?
Please ask at reception or a clinician on advice on stopping smoking.Alternatively visit the following website: http://www.derbyshirecountystopsmokingservice.nhs.uk/
12. How do I obtain the results from a recent test?
Details on results can be found here: http://www.heartwoodmedicalpractice.co.uk/tests-and-results.aspx?t=1
13. I am living in the area temporarily and am not registered with a local doctor, can I get medical help?
Our doctors are happy to see patients who are temporarily resident in the area should medical advice be required.Please contact reception to complete a temporary resident form before seeing the doctor.
14. How do I see my medical records?
The practice is complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any request for access to notes by a patient, patient’s representative or outside body will be dealt with in accordance with the Act. Please contact the surgery for further information.
15. What if a death occurs in the family?
Please see the bereavement page of our website by clicking here: http://www.heartwoodmedicalpractice.co.uk/info.aspx?p=12
16. How do I get the help of an interpreter?
If you require an interpreter for an appointment at the surgery please mention when booking the appointment that you require a translator and the reception staff will book this for you.