Private and Non-NHS Services
The NHS does not pay for some of the services we provide. These include:
- private sick notes
- insurance forms
- holiday cancellation forms
- medicals eg HGV, LGV, taxi, employment medicals etc
- fitness to travel certificates
- private prescriptions
Our fees for these services are in line with national guidelines.
Heartwood Medical Practice offers services outside of those covered by normal NHS commitments. These include insurance or employment medical reports, private medical examinations such as those for prospective adopters or for HGV licenses.
As these services do not constitute NHS clinical work there is often a charge involved. Sometimes the charge may be covered by the organisation requesting the service i.e. an insurance company; in other cases the patient is liable to pay the fee. Services where the patient may be responsible for the fees include private letters for housing, passport photos authorisation of travel prescriptions or holiday cancellation forms.
The fees we charge are similar to those of other local practices but may vary. Also, for non-nhs work it may be possible to have it carried out elsewhere dependent upon the nature of the work.
Processing of Non-NHS work
- We may receive the necessary paperwork from yourselves or directly in the post.
- You may be contacted by one of our administrative staff who handles the work to inform of any charges that may be due or to update on progress etc.
- Please allow at least 3 weeks to complete any work as all priority must be given to NHS clinical work.
- If your work involves a medical examination these are often lengthy, requiring at least a 30 minute appointment so may need to be booked well in advance and at a suitable time for the Dr.
- You should be contacted again when the work is ready for collection or in the case of some insurance reports is ready for your viewing prior to being sent-off.
- We reserve the right to withhold any non-nhs work if any charges have not been peen paid.